ARK Seminar 26 November 2015

INCORE Information incore-info at incore.ulst.ac.uk
Wed Nov 18 16:18:28 GMT 2015

Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser<http://www.ark.ac.uk/Announcements/ARK-Announce-6-2015.html>!

[INCORE e-Newsletter]<http://www.ark.ac.uk/>[http://www.ark.ac.uk/img/level7.jpg]

ARK Announcement - 12 November 2015
ARK Seminar Invitation: Attitudes towards minority ethnic people and migrant workers in 2014.
Holywell DiverseCity Community Partnership, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 6PW
Thursday 26 November 2015, 12:00 Seminar followed by light lunch.

The issue of race relations in Northern Ireland was explored again in the 2014 Northern Ireland Life and Times Survey (NILT). In this seminar Dr Philip McDermott, Ulster University, will explore three of the key themes emerging from this data. First the seminar will consider what was expressed by participants in relation to their social contact with members of minority ethnic communities. Second, questions around the prejudice of respondents will be raised and from this we can consider whether or not different ethnic groups have been perceived in different ways. Finally, the seminar will reflect on the levels of acceptance and visibility of ethnic minorities in the public sphere. As the NILT Survey has collected data on attitudes towards minority ethnic people and migrant workers for some years now the seminar will also make commentary throughout on changing social attitudes relating to these themes.

Attendance is free but registration is required. Please contact Shonagh Higgenbotham s.higgenbotham at ulster.ac.uk<mailto:s.higgenbotham at ulster.ac.uk> or Tel: 028 71675500
top<http://www.ark.ac.uk/Announcements/ARK-Announce-6-2015.html#top>
[Back to top][share on Twitter]<http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://www.ark.ac.uk/Announcements/ARK-Announce-6-2015.html%237&text=ARK%20Seminar%20Invitation:%20Attitudes%20towards%20minority%20ethnic%20people%20and%20migrant%20workers%20in%202014.&via=ark_info&related=>

Follow us
Follow ARK on our social networking sites:
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARK_info/323689020450> [Twitter] <http://twitter.com/ARK_info>

Feedback
ARK works hard to provide the best possible service and we welcome your feedback on this e-Newsletter. If you would like to comment on any aspect of our work, email<mailto:info at ark.ac.uk?subject=ARK%20e-Newsletter> or write to us at one of the addresses below. We look forward to hearing your views.

Contact us
[http://www.ark.ac.uk/img/Newsletter/qub.jpg]<http://www.qub.ac.uk/>

Queen's University Belfast,
School of Sociology
Social Policy and Social Work,
6 College Park,
Belfast BT7 1LP
T: +44 (0)28 909­7 3034
W: www.ark.ac.uk<http://www.ark.ac.uk>
E: info at ark.ac.uk<mailto:info at ark.ac.uk>

[http://www.ark.ac.uk/img/uulogo.png]<http://www.ulster.ac.uk/>

Ulster University,
Magee Campus,
Aberfoyle House,
Northland Road,
Derry/Londonderry BT48 7JA
T: +44 (0)28 7167­ 5500
W: www.ark.ac.uk<http://www.ark.ac.uk>
E: info at ark.ac.uk<mailto:info at ark.ac.uk>

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at postmaster at ulster.ac.uk and delete this email immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ulster University. The University's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them may be recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. Ulster University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of a separate attachment, the text of email is not intended to form a binding contract. Correspondence to and from the University may be subject to requests for disclosure by 3rd parties under relevant legislation. The University of Ulster was founded by Royal Charter in 1984 and is registered with company number RC000726 and VAT registered number GB672390524.The primary contact address for Ulster University in Northern Ireland is Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry BT52 1SA