[INCORE Information] INCORE Announcement: International Peace Conference 24-26 May 2013
INCORE - Information Only
incore-info at incore.ulst.ac.uk
Fri May 3 15:04:30 IST 2013
Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser<http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/Announcements/Announce-6-2013.html>!
INCORE Announcement - 3/May/2013
International Peace Conference 24-26 May 2013
International Peace Conference 24-26 May 2013
In May 2013, The Rotary Club of Londonderry in association with INCORE (International Conflict Research Institute at the University of Ulster) will host an International Peace Conference, endorsed by Rotary International, as part of its year of Peace through Service. The aim of the Conference is to contribute to Reconciliation, Learning and Full Self Expression for those committed to Peace throughout the world. The programme features an impressive line up of local and international speakers, as well as Master Classes in Peacebuilding.
[http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/img/Announcements/Rotary/Tanaka.jpg]Sakuji Tanaka: President of Rotary International, former chair of the Daika Company and former president of the National Household Papers Distribution Association of Japan.
[http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/img/Announcements/Rotary/meyer.jpg]Roelf Meyer: Chief Negotiator for the National Party Government in South Africa who with Cyril Ramaphosa of the African National Congress (ANC) negotiated the end of apartheid together.
[http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/img/Announcements/Rotary/Ibarretxe.jpg]Juan Jose Ibarretxe Markuartu: President (Lehendakari) of the Basque Country from January 2, 1999 to May 7, 2009 who was pivotal in the peace process and economic regeneration of the region.
[http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/img/Announcements/Rotary/Chouchou.jpg]Chouchou Namegabe Dubuisson: Pioneering, fearless voice for justice and accountability in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) who founded the South Kivu's Women's Media Association.
[http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/img/Announcements/Rotary/Cullinane.jpg]John J. Cullinane: Software Entrepreneur, USA, and a well known businessman in Northern Ireland for his work on promoting peace through jobs and economic development.
The conference will also include a Special focus on the Colombian Peace Process, as well as the presentation of the Derry Proposal for a Colombian Peace.
* Martin McGuinness, Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland
* Gregory Campbell, DUP Member of Parliament for East Londonderry
* SDLP representative.
* Pat Colgan, Chief Executive of the Special EU Programmes Body
* Baroness Nuala O'Loan, first Police Ombudsman
* Dawn Purvis, former Independent Unionist member of the Northern Ireland Assembly
* Brandon Hamber, Director of INCORE, University of Ulster
* Eamonn McCann, an Irish journalist, author and political activist
* Alan McBride, Centre Co-ordinator of the WAVE Trauma Centre in Belfast
The conference will also feature a series of short films and presentations about peace programmes in Northern Ireland supported by the SEUPB
* A dinner honouring Nobel Laureate, John Hume
* A gala dinner in honour of the Rotary President
To register visit: http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/>
Master Classes in Peacebuilding
The Master Classes in Peacebuilding will run on Sunday the 26th May 2013. These Master Classes will allow delegates to participate in a small group session (up to 20 people per group) on their chosen topic. The classes will be facilitated/led by experts based in Northern Ireland. The classes will provide an opportunity for a deeper exploration of the issues than will be possible in the larger plenary sessions.
Master Classes currently available:
* Religion in a Conflict - Friend or Foe<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classreligion-in-a-conflict---friend-or-foe.html>
* Practical Systemic Peacebuilding<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classpractical-systemic-peacebuilding.html>
* Exploring the Potential of Sport as a Peace Building Tool <http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classexploring-the-potential-of-sport-as-a-peace-building-tool.html>
* Dealing with the Past: Storytelling as a Tool for Healing & Transformation<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classdealing-with-the-past-storytelling-as-a-tool-for-healing--transformation.html>
* Grassroots Peacebuilding in Derry~Londonderry: 3 Models of Mediation<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classgrassroots-peacebuilding-in-derrylondonderry-3-models-of-mediation.html>
* Archives, Memorials, Murals, and Textiles as Story Tellers <http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classarchives-memorials-murals-and-textiles-as-story-tellers.html>
* 15 Years On: the next generation<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-class15-years-on-the-next-generation.html>
* Peacebuilding Through the Economy [Basque-Croatian example]<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-class-peacebuilding-through-the-economy-basque-croatian-partnership.html>
* Culture & Arts:Theatre of the Oppressed <http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-classtheatre-of-the-oppressed.html>
* Dealing with the past: Methods and strategies for building a shared future<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-class-peacebuilding-through-the-economy-basque-croatian-partnership.html>
* Forgotten but Not Gone: Victims of Violence, and Conflict Transformation<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-class-forgotten-but-not-gone-victims-of-violence-and-conflict-transformation.html>
Master Classes are free to attend and open to all, but places are limited. Registration is essential and please choose 1st and 2nd preference (one master class will be offered).
For more information and to register click here<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/master-class-registration.html#.UXkmo0rwB-R>.
Find out more<http://www.rotaryglobalpeaceforumderry-londonderry.com/>
[Back to top][share on Twitter]<http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/Newsletters/Announce-6-2013.html%236&text=International%20Peace%20Conference%2024-26%20May%202013%20&via=INCOREinfo&related=>
Follow INCORE on our social networking sites:
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/INCOREinfo> [Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#!/incoreinfo>
INCORE works hard to provide the best possible service and we welcome your feedback. If you would like to comment on any aspect of our work, email<mailto:incore at ulster.ac.uk?subject=INCORE%20e-Newsletter> or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing your views.
[INCORE logo]<http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/>University of Ulster, Magee Campus, Aberfoyle House, Northland Road, Derry/Londonderry,
Telephone: +44 (0) 28 71675500
Fax: +44 (0) 28 71675510 <http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/>
Website: www.incore.ulster.ac.uk <http://www.incore.ulster.ac.uk/>
Email: incore at ulster.ac.uk<mailto:incore at ulster.ac.uk>
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to our e-newsletter online
or attended one of our events.
You may subscribe<http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/subscribe.html#mail> to or unsubscribe<mailto:incore at ulster.ac.uk?subject=Unsubscribe%20INCORE%20e-Newsletter> from these announcements
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at postmaster at ulster.ac.uk and delete this email immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University of Ulster. The University's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them may be recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The University of Ulster does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of a separate attachment, the text of email is not intended to form a binding contract. Correspondence to and from the University may be subject to requests for disclosure by 3rd parties under relevant legislation. The University of Ulster was founded by Royal Charter in 1984 and is registered with company number RC000726 and VAT registered number GB672390524.The primary contact address for the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland is,Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry BT52 1SA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the INCORE-info